SLK Baby Sacque
SLK Baby Hat
SLK Baby Booties
Long Kimono Gown and Cap
Hooded Poncho and Pants
Preemie / Baby Blanket
Copyright 1998 - 2020
by Susan L. Kraus
Updated December 28, 2014
- Small baby items make perfect take-along projects. Granny squares, mile-a-minute strips, hats and booties work up fast and are easy to carry in a purse or tote bag.
- Make a hat to match a preemie or baby afghan.
- Use soft, washable yarns in pastel or bright colors. Try seasonal, holiday or sports team colors for hats, blankets, or "take me home" outfits.
- Weave in all ends securely. Baby items are washed frequently and need to be durable.
- Sew buttons securely. Unwaxed dental floss works well.
- Avoid metal fasteners (snaps).
- Ribbon or crocheted ties work well to fasten garments.
This page may be found at